NEW ALBANY, Ind. — Whether looking to start a new career direction or hoping to upgrade an existing one, jobseekers will find a wealth of exciting opportunities at IU Southeast’s free Job Fair on Thursday, April 13.
A variety of employers from both the private and public sectors will be recruiting for openings in a wide range of fields.
IU Southeast’s Career Development Center is hosting a Job Fair on April 13 from noon to 2 p.m. in the Hoosier Room of University Center North at IU Southeast.
GE Appliances, Norton Healthcare, Horseshoe Southern Indiana and more than 50 other local and national businesses will be in attendance to recruit and network with IU Southeast students, alumni and members of the community.
For students interested in attending the fair, Career Development Center offers a few pieces of advice:
- Dress to impress – always dress a step above the job you want.
- Practice your hand shake and personal introduction. (What do you want your employer to know about you?)
- Review the list of employers attending, do your research and have a “talking point” to start a meaningful conversation.
- Bring several copies of your résumé.
- Do not discuss salary or benefits. These inquiries are for after you have a job offer.
- Request a business card and follow up within 24 hours. When you do follow up, thank them for supporting IU Southeast candidates and restate your interest in their opportunities.
A full list of employers attending the job fair can be found on ius.edu/career or by calling Lynn Prinz of the Career Development Center at 812-941-2265.