NEW ALBANY, Ind. — At midnight and continuing throughout Wednesday, April 19, Indiana University will observe IU Day, a 24-hour worldwide celebration promoting engagement, university pride and giving.
IU Day celebrates all things IU. Here’s how you can be a part of it at IU Southeast:
- Show your school spirit! Wear cream and crimson on April 19.
- Take a selfie at the IU Day photo booth in the Commons from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Post your picture to social media with the hashtag #IUday and get a free IU Day T-shirt.
- Take part in our trivia contests and photo challenges throughout the day on Twitter (@IUSoutheast) and Snapchat (iusoutheast). Be the first to answer correctly, and you’ll win IU swag!
- Share your photos of old-school memories, future IU fans, and crimson-clad paws on social media with an #IUday hashtag for a chance to win $2,000 for your favorite IU cause. The IU Dayteam will select winners for the Way Back Wednesday, Future Alum, and Best-Dressed Pet Challenges. For more information about these contests, visit the IU Day Social Media Photo Contests page.
- Help beautify our grounds by spreading mulch and planting flowers and trees around campus from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Volunteers will receive a free shirt and will be supplied with gloves and tools. Meet at McCullough Plaza.
- Support the university you love! Donate to IU Southeast student scholarships through the Chancellor’s Medallion Scholarship Fund or visit give.iu.edu and follow the instructions.
- Visit iuday.iu.edu throughout the day for IU trivia, games, mini lectures, videos and more.
- Celebrate IU Day at Flat 12 Bierworks in Jeffersonville with the IU Southeast Alumni Association and the IUAA Louisville/Southern Indiana Chapter. Wear your IU gear, catch up with your college friends and enjoy an evening of celebrating everything that is IU. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to student scholarships.