By Rachel Terlep
NEW ALBANY, Ind. — At midnight and continuing throughout April 12, Indiana University will observe IU Day, its first-ever 24-hour worldwide celebration promoting engagement, university pride and giving.
IU Day is an online, worldwide extravaganza that celebrates all things IU. Here’s how you can be a part of it:
- Show your school spirit! Wear cream and crimson on Tuesday, April 12.
- Take a selfie at the IU Day photo booth in the Commons from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Post your picture to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #IUDay and get a free IU Day T-shirt.
- Go to class! Chancellor Wallace will be visiting classes around campus to hand out IU Day goodies. Yours might be one of them!
- Tell us what you love about IU Southeast, whether it’s your favorite class, your favorite student organization or your favorite spot to study on campus. Tweet us or tag us in an Instagram photo (IUSoutheast)!
- Visit iuday.iu.edu throughout the day on April 12 for IU trivia, games, mini lectures and more.
- If you want to support the university you love, make your gift on IU Day! Visit give.iu.edu and follow the instructions.
As an added incentive, all gifts made on IU Day will help unlock $200,000 in challenge funds. Each individual who makes a gift of any amount on IU Day will receive a one-time allotment of five votes to allocate toward his or her favorite IU cause — scholarships, research, study abroad experiences, or any other IU program, school or campus. When IU Day ends, the IU causes with the most votes will receive a percentage of the challenge funds. Votes can be tracked throughout the day on the IU Day Leaderboard.
For more information on IU Day activities, click here.