Chancellor Wallace and Secretary of State Connie Lawson encourage students to register to vote

23rd September 2015
Chancellor Ray Wallace and Indiana Secretary of State Connie Lawson encouraged IU Southeast students to register to vote.

NEW ALBANY, Ind. — Chancellor Ray Wallace teamed up with Indiana Secretary of State Connie Lawson in an effort to encourage IU Southeast students to register to vote as part of National Voter Registration Day on Tuesday, Sept. 22.

Lawson was on campus Tuesday, hosting a table with the Student Government Association, College Republicans and College Democrats to get students ready for elections in November.

“I’m very pleased that our student government is taking a proactive step in getting our students registered to vote,” Wallace told the News & Tribune. “I’ve been a citizen since ’89 and I’ve never missed an election. It’s important that our students’ voices are heard, so I’m glad we have this today.”

TAGS: , , , , ,