NEW ALBANY, IN, (Sept. 18, 2012) – Get ready for a wild west week of advising with Indiana University Southeast.
The University is hosting Wild, Wild Week of Advising from Sept. 24-27. During advising week, students can learn about registration appointments, how to schedule spring 2013 classes, and how to contact their advisor to set up an advising appointment.
Several events are scheduled throughout the week including:
- Mobile advising at The Hitching Post – Easy access to registration and advising questions. Available Sept. 24 and 25 in Crestview Hall and Life Sciences and Sept 26 and 27 in Hillside Hall and Knobview Hall
- Showdown at the IU Southeast Corral – Test your IU Southeast knowledge each day in McCullough Plaza
- Bullseye: Choosing the Right Major – Listen to a panel of students describe how they came to choose the right major. The panel will be held Monday, Sept. 24, in UC North, room 122.
- General Studies extended advising hours – Sept. 24 and 27 from 5-7 p.m.
- School of Education group advising – Sept. 26 and 27
- Advising Advantages – Thursday, Sept. 27 in the Adult Student Center.
The goal behind the annual advising week is to emphasize the importance of advising and to encourage students to engage in the advising and registration process. For more information, please contact Christina Thompson, academic advisor in ACES, at email@example.com or visit the website at http://www.ius.edu/academics-majors/advising/advising-week.html.
During (and after) advising week students can vote for the Advisor of the Year. The Advisor of the Year Award recognizes an outstanding staff or faculty advisor at IU Southeast. Nominate your favorite advisor by going to the Advisor of the Year website at http://www.ius.edu/academics-majors/advising/advisor-of-the-year.html and complete the short survey to cast your vote. The voting will begin on Friday, Sept. 21 and end on Nov. 21. For more information, please contact Shane Thomas, academic advisor in ACES, at firstname.lastname@example.org.